The YPA is a meeting of young adults with albinism aged between 18 and 30 coming from the different countries represented in Albinism Europe, the network of European Organizations of persons with albinism. It is traditionally organized at the same place and time as the European Days of Albinism (EDA), which is an international conference including scientific sessions for researchers and clinicians and a work meeting of Albinism Europe. The next YPA meeting will take place in France in less than 4 months. Don’t lose the opportunity to lose such a unique experience! Apply to be a one of the 4th YPA participants!
Where and when
The 4YPA will take place in Bordeaux, France April 1st – 5th, 2020 during the 5th EDA. It will gather about 30 young adults (up to 3 participants per country). Participants are expected to come from France, Italy, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Finland, Spain, Turkey, UK & Ireland and Germany.
The YPA program is generally put together in the few months before the event. It is based on a very flexible format, every meeting including new activities as well as recurrent activities. The heart of the YPA meetings is the encounters, interactions and sharing of experience among young Europeans with albinism. A team made of past YPA participants and leaders of albinism associations is currently working on the 4YPA program.
Go visit the 5EDA website to find out more about the previous EDA conferences and YPA meetings: 5eda.albinism.eu.
Arrival and departure days
Arrival day is Wednesday 1st April. Every participant should arrive at the conference hotel before dinner on that day.
Departure day is Sunday 5th April. No specific activity will be scheduled on that day. The participants will therefore be free to catch any convenient plane (or train) to fly back home on that day, no matter if it is in the morning, the afternoon or the evening.
The train and/or plane tickets will be booked for you.
All the 4YPA and 5EDA participants (young adults, association leaders and scientists) will be staying in the same hotel, Appart-Hôtel Mer & Golf City Bordeaux-Bruges, which is also the conference venue. YPA participants will be accommodated in shared rooms with a maximum of 3 persons per room in separate beds.
The amount of the 4YPA participation fees is 100€. It is the same for all participants. Full payment is required for your registration to be confirmed by the organizers. The following expenses will be covered by the organizers:
- Transportation fees (train and plane tickets from your home town to Bordeaux)
- 4-night accommodation in shared hotel rooms
- All meals from dinner on Wednesday April 1st to breakfast on Sunday April 5th.
- All activities included in the official YPA program.
To be a candidate in the 4YPA you need to meet the following requirements.
- You are a young adult with albinism aged between 18 and 30 years old (you were born between April 6th, 1989 and March 31st, 2002).
- You are sure to be free from April 1st to April 5th, 2020.
- You are a member (or become a member) of your country’s albinism association: Oogvereniging Albinisme
- You have not participated in more than one previous YPA event
- You feel comfortable exchanging in English with people from other countries. This point is extremely important. With a level of English too low you would risk facing difficulties in following the YPA program of activities, being able to participate in group discussions and not benefiting fully from the experience. The general English level in the Netherlands is more than sufficient.
- You don’t mind sharing a hotel room with up to 2 other YPA participants (separate beds).
- You are an active person ready to get the most out of a unique opportunity to live for a few days together with many other young European adults with albinism. You are interested in meeting, exchanging, discovering, sharing experiences and much more.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject: ‘Application 4YPA’. Contain the following in your email:
- Your name, date of birth, hometown (where you start your travel from)
- Email address, phone number
- A short motivation in English (300-400 words) presenting yourself and explaining your motivation to participate the 4YPA
Deadline: 4 February 2020
If you are one of the participants, you will be asked to fill in an official registration form and to pay the €100.
Ga terug naar de overzichtspagina over albinisme